September 21, 2021. OTTAWA, ON. The Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC) congratulates Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada on their victory in Canada’s federal election.
“We look forward to working with Canada’s new government,” stated Alexandra Chyczij, National President of the UCC. “We thank all parties and candidates, who took part in Canada’s election, for their dedication to serving Canada.”
This election took place in the difficult conditions of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Thousands of Canadians, including many Ukrainian Canadians, ran as candidates in yesterday’s election. Many volunteered their time working on campaigns. Thousands of Canadians worked at polling stations and returning offices across the country to ensure that Canadians could exercise their democratic right to vote. They all deserve our admiration and respect.
Before the election, the UCC surveyed Canada’s national party leaders for their positions on the UCC’s Policy Priorities:
· Strengthening Canada-Ukraine Defence and Security Relations
· Supporting Democratic and Economic Reform in Ukraine
· Ensuring Quality, Safe and Affordable Care for Seniors
· Welcoming Newcomers to Canada
· Helping Our Communities and Culture Flourish
· Fighting Online Hate and Disinformation
The UCC looks forward to working with Canada’s parliamentarians on these issues of importance to our community.